Sunday, May 10, 2009

April Fool's Day

Story from Ashley

I remember one year, I was probably in 1st or 2nd grade, and Dad picked me up from school.  We took the southern most exit out of Vergennes, and he told me we were going to go see the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie.  I was really excited!  I LOVED the Ninja Turtles.  Then he turned back into Vergennes at the northern most entrance and said "April Fool's Day!"  Honestly, I was so young still that I wasn't upset...just confused.

Still, there was plenty of opportunities to get revenge.  Now for those of you who knew my Dad well enough probably knew that he was the KING of giving people trouble, but didn't exactly enjoy receiving it back.  Well, again I was a bit young to understand that when we decided to seek some payback.  Just some of the things we pulled on Dad:  Switching the sugar and the salt...does not make for good coffee or corn.  Balloons filling the shower...rather unpleasant to jump into before work.  I feel sure there were a few more that we pulled on him, but that only lasted one or two April Fool's Days...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home